2008-07-17

We accept you, one of us! Gooble gobble! Gooble gobble!


I've always had a soft-spot for deviations of what we generally precive as being normal. Having grown up in a town where anything except "being normal" is regarded as something that needs to "know its place" (and its place is among all the other sheep), I've always felt more or less misplaced. So ever since I was old enough to visit the the library (and when internet entered my pre-teen life) I've indulged in the colourful world of so called "freaks".

The movie "Freaks" came out 1932, and its one of my personal favorites (along side with Life of Brian by Monty python, as well as some horror flicks). The essence of this movie is basically that its not the "freaks" that are the monsters, but the "normal" humans. Of course, this could be seen upon as being positively discriminating of the "freaks", which in turn is almost as bad as negative discriminating BUT I precive the movie as encouraging a rich individual fauna. Here's some beautiful screenshots:










Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks

Inga kommentarer: